Tuesday, March 1, 2011

TENNESSEE - NASHVILLE

NASHVILLE TENNESSEE

Once upon a time I lived worked and went to college in Nashville. Much has changed since then so Gabi and I went just to see how things have changed. She had not ever been so I was going to treat her to some things that usually only the locals know about. First off the Foreign Market on Nolinsville road. We stopped here to get fruit and other snacks for our hiking trips. Las Palmas on Antioch Pike was a great place to take her to lunch since I hadn't been in 17 years. Th food was still as good as it always has been as was the case for the great pizza place in the Arcade. we walked all over the city and visited several major locations. I suggest riding a bus into town, drinking at the local bars that are NOT on Broadway or 2nd ave and just walking around. Nashville is a very walkable city!

INSIDE FORT NASHBORO
It is very strange to see a row of log cabin style buildings in the midst of a hustling metropolis but those are not just an attraction. These buildings are actually what is called Fort Nashboro and what really amounts to be the first makings of Nashville. Its set up like any town back then would be and it is kept up by the local government. This place really gives a good feel to how this wonderful city started an any visit to Nashville without seeing Fort Nashboro is not really a visit to Nashville. After all its free and a wonderful place to take pictures and walk around a bit.

Nashville is one of those places where there are little hidden gems everywhere. Such as the sign outside the Arcade section of town for a place called THE AMBERS SHOWCASE. This sign is for a business that hasn't been in operation since the civil war. It was a very famous brothel. Another example of these many hidden gems is the statue of a dog in an alley off of 2nd ave. that honors a dog that loved his walks around the area.
Some places in the area are very touristy but the thing that makes even the tourist traps in Nashville interesting is th history tat comes with them. Take for instance the Ryman Auditorium. Known for hosting the Grand Ole Opry back in its heyday. Most tourists walk by and take their pictures not realising the significance to the city. This was basically the place whee country music was born.

Strange sculpture across the river in Nashville

Downtown Nashville

Another unique thing about Nashville is that you can visit it a a major city, the music capitol, a bar hopping excursion, a way to see government work, a cultural experience etc. There are so many aspects to Nashville you would not even know about if you didn't explore it from many aspects.
Ancient Tennessee Artifact - Tennessee State Museum
One of the wonderful places that most tourists overlook is the FREE, yes I said FREE, Tennessee State Museum right in the center of town. This museum showcases Tennessee from every possible perspective. It follows the history of the state through artifacts and exhibits from ancient people to modern times. It also showcases art and culture of the area focusing on the unique people that have made Tennessee a rich place.
When I say the Tennessee state museum goes over the history of the are I mean IN DETAIL! almost every significant event to happen in Tennessee is displayed with artifacts, interactive displays, films and descriptive illustrations. The civil war exhibit alone covers almost an entire floor. We spent two hours here and was reading and walking very fast and still missed alot. You'll really need to soak this in and it will take some time.
A STEAM CAR - TENNESSEE STATE MUSEUM

RECORDER USED AT SUN STUDIOS TO PRODUCE ELVIS'S FIRST ALBUM


A few miles from downtown a small area not ruined by urban sprawl holds an agricultural center and an excellent little state museum that showcases th agricultural history of the the state. The admission to the Tennessee agricultural museum is free and although small this is a very interesting place to visit.I must warn you tough. Each museum we visited in Nashville we had to wait on giant classes of elementary students to pass. If you are going to visit these wonderful places keep in mind that Field trips may also be going on when you go.

A beautiful horse outside the Tennessee Agricultural Museum
See ya on our next adventure - With love, Jason and Gabi

20 comments:

  1. Good details and contrast between dark shadows and white areas. You may know the work of the Greek-Italian surrealist artist Giorgio de Chirico, much of whose work you can browse at wahooart.com. This one, http://EN.WahooArt.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8EWHDW, has the same feel as your drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on writing, great job!

    My web blog :: steinzeiternährung

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell us more about this? I'd want to find out some additional information.

    my blog post: bilanzbuchhalter kurse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since the admin of this site is working, no doubt very rapidly it will be famous,
    due to its quality contents.

    Take a look at my blog post - scheiss paypal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
    In any case I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!

    Stop by my web-site paleo diät obst

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family members all the time say that I am wasting my time here at net,
    except I know I am getting familiarity daily by reading thes good posts.


    Review my web-site :: xerox phaser 8560 troubleshooting

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is certainly a lot to learn about this topic.
    I really like all the points you've made.

    Look into my blog post :: 8560 printer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many thanks, lovely Vickie!

    My web site: ,cheap wood earrings

    ReplyDelete
  9. We stumbled over here coming from a different website and thought
    I should check things out. I like what I see
    so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking into your web page again.

    My web blog :: http://danon-jewellery.livejournal.com/2011/12/14/

    ReplyDelete
  10. hp laserjet 1020 vehicle drivers sustains Windows 2000,
    Windows XP, Vista and windows7(House & Expert). The HP 1020 LaserJet
    is a great.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage; xerox phaser 8560

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shakeata said on September 1, 2012

    Also visit my web-site: wholesale silver jewellery

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ilike Hp laserJet Printers.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post ... http://neurosistotal5.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am asking yourself what would trigger the bodyweight achieve on Zoloft or other SSRIs?

    A person near to me just started getting it and was going through nausea being a regular facet effect.
    Carbs had been the only point that would settle his stomach, so
    he was consuming a lot more carbs. Things like that
    may cause fat acquire. Luckily, the nausea appears to have mainly dissipated at this
    point, after two months of so of taking Zoloft.

    A few many years ago I went on a drug that did not checklist
    weight acquire as a side effect but it made me really feel
    so sick that i also overate carbs to compensate and acquired
    a lot of weight.
    Or can it be like the energizer
    bunny commenter above who said she gained and does not eat much,
    so possibly it is a metabolism point that is certainly independent
    of eating routines?
    I mean.. melancholy itself may cause some people to overeat and some people to
    lose their hunger.
    Some folks with IBS who have not been able to consume considerably may
    be getting zoloft for the offlabel advantage of settling their irritable bowels down, and
    may really feel safer consuming much more and likely out
    more to eat.
    I also can picture someone who
    isolated because of their depression likely out and socializing and therefore eating much more.

    I actually wish we had far more info about what will be the cause of
    the excess weight gain (or reduction in a few instances.
    ) Is it a alter in habits or simply an impartial metabolic side impact?


    Also visit my blog: Mike Chang Monster Mass Free

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
    you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your
    web site is wonderful, let alone the content!

    My blog - xerox 8560dn

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really loving the theme/design of your website. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems? A number of my blog visitors have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Do you have any ideas to help fix this problem?

    my web page - http://hultquist.jimdo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Exactly how can I download and install a free of charge model of hplaserjet
    1020?

    Here is my web blog: moneymayweathervspacmanpacquiao.Blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beast Beats Headphones 2012 Together with the Charming You.
    Listen Beast Beats Dr. Dre Studio Headphones Overview Beats
    Solo HD (PRODUCT) RED Hi-def On-ear Headphones with Restrain Talk.
    Style formal appearance style; let you really speedily turn into trend fashionable rider,
    bring high rate of 2nd view. Advancement technology would
    make accurate diction of announcer, transmit the setting music striking had, the
    headset is increase in offers the turning functionality,
    and magnificence can be quite flexible cable, successfully halting the coil.
    I lately found a normal friend jogging round the street donning
    monster beats by Dr. Dre studio headset, therefore I urge
    will be asked her that they sounded. She have been each
    pixel welcoming to let everyone has fast hearken to
    help you her casqued beats detector express I used
    to be satisfied might very an understatement.Avoid getting surprised to require the task Electrical power beats sharpening of plastic instead of grinding craft MONSTER.
    This prior it is cooler. Beast Earphones through
    them is within the. Nevertheless, case too higher therefore is going to be enable several customers producing amends.
    The actual bodily Simply provides improvement over may very well be performed.
    Even if quantity seriously isn't small, may be duplicated, from freedom practical tote, offered on this type that's superb
    since your seem professional program, Beast product.
    Within be undertook studies. Your BNC-pin connection headset is usually 3.
    5 mm adaptive place. Defiantly Dark brown is actually backed inside final
    class, position the actual mic string conversation.
    Enjoy Monster Beats, these products maded by they all usually are so
    competent the fact that Facilities requires traditional red-colored together with dark because the shade plan, supplying the actual ground-breaking
    visible impact. Inside our stage, this kind of comparison colour plan's in reality filled with "Visual Impact", as shocking as being the acoustic with the Beast. Shut Created hearing mugs, Provides improvement over Facilities totally enclose your individual ear to be able to locking mechanism away background sound. Furthermore, Beats Facilities completely enclose your favourite songs to lock out normal noise. Moreover, Monster Surpasses by Dr. Making dwelling has added the Noise Reduction function. Just place 2 7# battery packs to your remaining hearing mug in addition to the headphone functions. Using one other hand, you have the ability turn on the best types as well as silence switch in addition drive this "b" brand switch and you ought to temporarily stop your songs perform perform as well as the Sound Decrease perform It's user-friendly!
    Today, acoustic will not the only real yardstick for just about any
    Superior Justin s a of friendship, Monster Surpasses, with several motor house proprietors are compensated farrenheit.

    Monster Beats headphones for your ongoing loyalty to look at clubs.
    An individual will be gifted that have an tam card you can actually use for gas for just
    about any foremost half mass retailing station.

    Here is my page ... ,cheap earrings uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wardee...you might be so fantastic, thanks so considerably for this post, and I couldn't have said it greater than Marlou. I do believe about soaking my oat meal, but other factors do seem to boggle my mind. So you make it seem so basic, thanks.

    Look at my web page :: metabolic cooking karine losier

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice do business, Aaron. I took care of to keep my Lexmark E210 printer (an ML-1210 clone) functioning along,
    now in Home windows 8.

    Also visit my web-site; xerox phaser 8560 printer

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm enjoying all the tips and am still learning as I fine tune this art. My concern is the soldering tips........they keep disintegrate on me... I've gone through
    3 models, 25w and 40w, resulting in 6 tips. I've got a selection of lead free solder that every melt fine and continually neat and use ammonium chloride to tin the end. Do you find it the flux? My fluxes don't specify, nevertheless the Weller manual says
    not use acid fluxes, but use rosin flux (?) HELP!



    Take a look at my blog post: Danon silver jewellery [elucidly.com]

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. No holds barred.